Followers

Saturday 1 June 2013

My 1st Time .....

..... using Spectrum Noirs :)

AND I have to say I am very impressed. After I found out they didn't really like my normal stamping card and preferred diamond white we got on great, no bleeding, nice blending, and colours nicely. I don't have the full set yet, but am working on hubby getting me some for my birthday, so I went with what I had.


I originally ordered the set of stamps this stamp is in from Kanban in their closing down sale but they sent another set instead so I wasn't very happy, but found them at Hobbycraft last week for £5.00 :D very happy me.
I stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa, and coloured with Spectrum Noirs. The papers are all bits from my scrap box, I don't throw much away when it comes to papers, and I chalked the edges as well as chalking the edges of the white card blank. I used an old wooden button from my stash and some thin burgundy twine. The paper the sentiment is on I distressed using my Tim Holtz distress tool and chalked the edges. I added copper Liquid Pearls to the back of the corset and small dots in some corners.

I must say I really enjoyed making this, even though its not my normal style with flowers and pretty things, I like the colours and the way it turned out.

I would like to enter into the following:

3 comments:

  1. lovely kate. i didnt get on with them, maybe i should have tried different card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning kate.gorgeous image and design and I love your rich colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same dress stamp and absolutely love it- I founf that the folds on the dress made it easier to colour. It was one of the first things I used my Spectrums on too- great job!

    ReplyDelete

xx thank you for all your comments xx

 
[URL=http://s346.photobucket.com/user/skateds/media/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png.html][IMG]http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p429/skateds/D83D455045CAD933685876D59E5DD017.png[/IMG][/URL]